Monday, April 1, 2013

Easter

I love Easter. Not only because I love candy, and holidays, and traditions, but because Easter brings promise. The promise that spring is coming very soon. Most importantly, the promise that we can have new life. No matter how old we are, how bad we think we are, our nationality, there is nothing that can take away  that promise, we must only accept it.

I'm talking about the gift that Jesus Christ, the Son of God offers. The simplest gift every given, but so many refuse to receive it. The truth is, none of us are worthy of that gift. But once we realize that he offers the gift of eternal life based on our faith and not our actions, we are then ready to partake in his gift. 

The Holy Bible tells us , "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God," Romans 3:23.

 Focus on "all", no one is exempt here, we've all sinned, and we all fall short. But we don't end here, God loves us with such a big love, that it can't be contained, or limited. 

"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8.

Imagine, sacrificing your own son for any reason. I have two sons, and the thought of losing them is beyond my comprehension. But God's love for us is so big, and so true, that He would allow nothing to separate us from Him. He wants our company. We are that important and special to Him. 

Let's talk about sin. Such a small word with such a big meaning! Most people understand that sin is something bad that we do or even say. There are infinite sins, or ways to sin. A sin is anything that in contradictory to God's plan for our lives. Most have heard about the Ten Commandments. Some would look at them as rules or "shalt nots". The list is more a plan for life. It's a good place to start if you want to know what a "sin" is. (Exodus 20). There are no degrees of sin, sin is sin. It's a sin to take the life of someone and it's a sin tell a lie, there are no differences in the sin. The truth is, sin is what separates us from God, so God sent his only Son, born as a man, to take the place of that sin. Jesus Christ, took our sin and lived it out and took it to the cross. He did this all for you and me, and everyone. 

"For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord." Romans 6:23

Eternal life, spending life living forever. Spending eternity in the presence of God. Heaven, the place of perfection. In contrast, eternal life can be spent in hell. In a perpetual state of turmoil, pain, fear, sadness and suffering. We imagine heaven as living on a cloud, strumming a harp and floating around on white feathery wings. It's the most beautiful place imaginable. And God is there waiting for us, we only have to be willing to accept Him. It doesn't matter what we've done in our past, He already knows anyway. He loves us unconditionally.

It is so easy to accept this gift from God. He only asks that you believe and accept it. 

"If you declare with your mouth, “Jesus is Lord,” and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you profess your faith and are saved." Romans 10:9-10.

“Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved.” Romans 10:13.

It's very simple. If you haven't ever received this gift of salvation and would like to have eternal life with God in heaven, you can do that today. There are three simple steps. 

Admit you are a sinner and in need of salvation from God

Believe that Jesus Christ, the only Son of God took your sins and died on a cross because He loves you so much. 

Choose to trust Jesus alone for the forgiveness of your sins. 

If you are ready to accept Jesus and would like to know how to pray and ask for his forgiveness, I'm including a small prayer model for you. You simply pray the prayer to Him sincerely. 

Dear God in heaven, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I acknowledge to You that I am a sinner, and I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived; I need your forgiveness.

I believe that your only begotten Son Jesus Christ shed His precious blood on the cross at Calvary and died for my sins, and I am now willing to turn from my sin.

You said in Your Holy Word, Romans 10:9 that if we confess the Lord our God and believe in our hearts that God raised Jesus from the dead, we shall be saved.

Right now I confess Jesus as the Lord of my soul. With my heart, I believe that God raised Jesus from the dead. This very moment I accept Jesus Christ as my own personal Savior and according to His Word, right now I am saved.

Thank you Jesus, for your unlimited grace which has saved me from my sins. I thank you Jesus that your grace never leads to license, but rather it always leads to repentance. Therefore Lord Jesus transform my life so that I may bring glory and honor to you alone and not to myself.

Thank you, Jesus for dying for me and giving me eternal life.

Amen.
   
If you just said this prayer and you meant it with all your heart and you have repented for your sins, we believe that you just got saved and are born again.  You may ask, "Now that I am saved, what's next?" First of all you need to get into a bible-based church, and study God's Word. Once you have found a church home, you will want to become water-baptized. By accepting Christ you are baptized in the spirit, but it is through water-baptism that you show your obedience to the Lord. Water baptism is a symbol of your salvation from the dead. You were dead but now you live, for the Lord Jesus Christ has redeemed you for a price! The price was His death on the cross. May God Bless You!

I would love to hear from you if you have accepted Christ today. I am praying for you now. If you would leave a comment below, I will continue to pray for you by name. 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment