Monday, March 25, 2013

Let me tell you about breakfast

I'm bound and determined to be a good blogger. After all, isn't that what we are supposed to do? I've dabbled in it a bit, but haven't dedicated myself to blogging. I am a blog stalker, I love to read other's blogs, but neglect my own. So, here I am with a clean sheet. Blank screen, whatever. 

A little about me, Well, I'm the Martha Stewart of my domain. Glue, glitter and craftiness runs through my veins. My mind is always whirring with the sounds of creativity. But I do get distracted, "SQUIRREL!" Hence the title of this new endeavor! A perpetual state of undone! That's my life! I have more started and to-do projects that humanly possible! And I move from one "SQUIRREL!" idea to another a moments notice! Enough about that, I'm a wife, mom and a new Mimi! My sweet little Ms. Munchkin was born last August and I love being a grandmother - a Mimi. I'm married to Mr. Wonderful for the past 26 years. We've had five children, two are married now, Ms. Princess and her husband Mr. Prince, and Ms. Country Girl married to Mr. Country Boy, and they have that sweet little Ms. Munchkin. At home we have three of our kiddos left, Mr. Outdoors, who loves hunting and fishing, all the time! Ms. Ginger is our resident red head, she is a picky little thing. She loves all things teenager and is an amazing cheerleader. Lastly is Mr. Lego Master. He's our 12 year old baby, loves his friends and legos, an playing video games and ipad games. If I had a cute name, it would be something like Ms. Artsy Fartsy or something equally wonderful!

We reside in the Ozarks region of America. It's a great place to be most of the time. I've homeschooled all those kiddos and in the meantime I've held several different jobs, currently with the USPS. But what I love is crafting, I am a Stampin' Up demonstrator and love it. It give me a chance to feed my inner child. Crafting, friends and food...that pretty much sums up my passions! I'm active in my church and teach 4th - 6th grade science, history and writing at our homeschool co-op. Did I mention I love to travel? "SQUIRREL!" We'll save those travels for another post. But for today, lets focus on food!


I want to share my breakfast with you today, well, not really share it, but the idea for it. I went to the kitchen browsing for something to eat. I have some leftovers of this & that (not the scrapbook journals!) that needed used up, so I got creative, which is my favorite thing to get! I saw an overripe banana on the counter, just one, not enough to make some really fabulous banana bread. A loner, not a good thing normally, because it's destined to hit the "chicken pail". (We don't have chickens anymore, but we still call our scrap bucket that) So this idea hits me like slipping on a banana peel and hitting my head on a dull object. Banana pancakes! I put that mushy goodness into my little pancake mixing bowl (yes I have certain bowls I use for them!), and whisked it up till it was all mushed. I added this to my normal pancake batter recipe (Krusteaz from Sam's Club, just add mix and water - perfection!) Then added in about a 1/2 teaspoon of a cinnamon/sugar mix we keep for cinnamon toast, and about a 1/4 teaspoon of mexican vanilla and stirred it up. On a really hot griddle (My Mammy taught me to have the griddle hot so that water "dances" across the griddle and evaporates) I cooked two fluffly pancakes. While they were cooking I got out some toppings, butter (the real thing) and syrup. Not convinced that was the perfect combination I found some vanilla yogurt, hmmm...that's a possibility. Then my little eye spied that tub of leftover cream cheese frosting. What? Cream Cheese frosting - how did we end up with leftovers of that? I looked around to make sure nobody was watching and snatched that little tub out of the fridge. My pancakes were perfectly golden and smelled heavenly! I but a little butter on them until it melted in and then slathered them with cream cheese frosting. A tall cold glass of moo juice and I sat down to completely devour the superb pancakes! I know that this has nothing to do with stamping, but hey, if I make a little topper to put in it, we're good!
The real test of breakfast came in when Ms. Picky Ginger and Mr. Hunter Boy came downstairs to eat. Ms. Ginger put chocolate chips in hers and topped with only butter. She thought it tasted like her favorite banana chocolate chip muffins that her wonderful mama makes! Mr. Hunter Boy ate his with just butter and syrup and thought they were great as well. So, I've scored on my leftoever surprise this time. I hope you get the opportunity to make some for yourself, and don't forget to stamp a cute little topper flag to put in them! 

My closing thought is an S.O.S., not "save our ship" but in reality, "Sick of Snow!" We got about 4 1/2 inches of the white stuff yesterday and it is still trying to spit some of that vicious stuff this morning. If it's winter time, I don't mind it so much, but it's spring! Winter snows get me all excited like a school kid getting out of school! I take snow days as days to spend in the craft room. I'll take any excuse to go out there to my Happy Place.

No comments:

Post a Comment