Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Great project, bad photo!

Do you ever make something that you spend hours on, and it's so fantastic, then you skimp on the photo by taking just a quick one with your phone? Yeah, me too, too often! That's what I've done here. But in the essence of time and the looming holiday, it will have to do.

Yesterday I spent some time on Pinterest looking for ideas of thing that I could make to put in Easter baskets of my grown children. Yes, I still do baskets for them too, I can't help myself! I found the cutest little egg decoration, and thought that would be perfect. The girls both have new households they are setting up and decorations are always needed and welcome. So....I went to the Happy Place and got busy!

I dug out some retired Stampin' Up! designer series paper that I've had forever. I was part of Sale-A-Bration a few years back. This stuff with it's pastel colors was perfect, and needed to be used. We are supposed to use the paper we buy, right?

So I have one picture, and it's not very clear, but I'll walk you through the instructions. I actually made three of these. One for Ms. Princess, one for Ms. Country Girl, and one for myself. I should learn to always make more than one of any project! I will try to get my real camera out and take a better picture, but for now, here's the phone shot:

Supply List:
*Scrapbook paper of your choice -( I used Stampin' Up! two sided Designer Series Paper from a Sale-A-Bration package years ago. Sorry but it's no longer available unless you find it on the Clearance Rack possibly)
*So Saffron Cardstock, small scrap of white cardstock
*Small scraps of patterned paper in pink, lt blue and green (I used some scraps leftover from die cutting, except for pink)
*Adhesives - I used my snail tape runner, glue dots, xyron, and glue pen
*Ribbon - I used 1/2" grosgrain in So Saffron, 8" piece of 1/8" ribbon for hanging.
*Sizzix Dies - Lg Oval Tag
                     San Serif Alphabet
                     Small Bunny
                    Grass
                    Small Heart Border
                    Small Flowers (  SU Sizzlit)
                    Small Bird (SU Sizzlit)
                    Small Embossed Butterflies (SU Embossing Sizzlit)
*Sizzix Embossing Folders by Stampin' Up!
                                     Tiny Dots
                                      Honeycomb
Small yellow rhinestone brad
Small pink brad
Chipboard sheet
Misc tools, Cropodile, Paper piercer, Piercing mat, Xyron
The low down:
1.Use sizzix and cut 6 lg oval tags out of chipboard, and 7 lg oval tags out of patterned paper.
2. Use sizzix to cut out the letters EASTER out of So Saffron cardstock.
3. Use sizzix and cut out small heart border in lt pink scrap of patterned paper
4. Use sizzix and cut out grass out of green scrap.
5. Use sizzix and cut out small bunny out of white cardstock scrap
6. Use sizzix and cut out small flowers, bird and butterflies out of scraps of patterned paper leftover from oval tags.
7. Use sizzix and tiny dot embossing folder to emboss letters with tiny dots.
8. Use sizzix and honeycomb embossing folder to emboss one lg. oval tag from patterned paper.
9. Put away sizzix (whew!)
10. Assemble the following die cuts: bird with one wing
           stack two smallest flowers and attach with rhinestone brad
           glue small scrap of lt blue paper to back of bunny covering the eyes and nose. Put pink brad through nose.
11. Use xyron to put adhesive on letters and diecuts (not the oval tags, yet!).
12. Adhere letters to fronts of oval tags and decorate with other die cuts and flowers.
13. Take assembled tags and run through xyron , apply to chipboard tags.
14. Set cropodile to desired depth for punching holes in top and bottom of tags. (I lined it up with what the die had already punched and set it at that). Use the larger size hole punch if using 1/2" ribbon. Adjust if using smaller ribbon.
15. Line up cardstock tags top of one to bottom of the next and hole punch with cropodile at the same time. Continue until all tags are punched at top and bottom.
16. Line up top and bottoms of tags back to back and thread 7" piece of ribbon through both at the same time and then tie in a loose knot (leave about 3/4" loop). Do this to all tags, and top and bottom of the first and last tags.
17. Tie 1/8" ribbon through top hole and make a knot for hanging.
18. Some afterthoughts - I always have these, I like to think of it as "learning". I think I would have gone back and applied mod podge to all the tags front and back after embellishing and before putting the ribbon on. This would make the decoration a little more durable.
That's it! Now get out there and make two or three! One for yourself, and others to give away!

No comments:

Post a Comment